LIST OF SCHEMES IMPLEMENTED WITHIN THE DISTRICT:
- NFSM – Rice, Coarse Cereal & Pulses.
- NMSA -RAD and Soil Health management.
- PMKSY – Per Drop More Crop ‘Other Intervention’.
- SUB-MISSION ON AGRICULTURE MECHANIZATION
I. NATIONAL FOOD SECURITY MISSION: The National Food Security Mission (NFSM) is a central Scheme of GOI launched in 2007 for 5 years to increase production and productivity of wheat, rice and pulses on sustainable basis so as to ensure food security of the country. The National Food Security Mission have 3 components such as :-
- National Food Security Mission-Rice (NFSM Rice)
- National Food Security Mission-Pulses (NFSM-Pulses)
- National Food Security Mission-Coarse Cereals (NFSM-Coarse Cereals)
|SI No.||Name of Scheme||Name of Component||Area(Ha)|
|a) System of Rice Intensification||10|
|b) Hybrid Rice||10|
|c) Line Transplanting||10|
|d) Direct Seeded Rice||20|
|2||NFSM-Pulses||a) Demonstration of Improved Technologies:|
|ii) Cropping System based demonstration on Rajmash||15.4|
|3||NFSM-Coarse Cereals||a) Demonstration of Improved Package of Maize:|
|i) HYV Seeds||40|
|ii) Hybrid Seeds||40|
II. NATIONAL MISSION FOR SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURE (NMSA): NMSA has been formulated for enhancing Agricultural productivity especially in rain fed areas focusing on integrated farming, water use efficiency, soil health management and synergizing resource conservation. NMSA scheme has been implemented in Lawngtlai district since 2014-2015 on wards.
Major Components or activities implemented under NMSA for the current year are:
- RAINFED AREA DEVELOPMENT (RAD): RAD will adopt an area based approach for development and conservation of natural resources along with farming systems. This component has been formulated in a ‘watershed plus framework’, i.e to explore potential utilization of natural resources base/assets available/created under MGNREGS, NWDPRA, RKVY, IWMP etc. This component will introduce appropriate farming systems by integrating multiple components of agriculture such as crops, horticulture, livestock, fishery, forestry with agro based income generating activities and value addition.
|SI No.||Name of Cluster||Name of Village||No. of Beneficiaries|
- SOIL HEALTH MANAGEMENT : SHM will aim at promoting location as well as crop specific sustainable health management including residue management, organic farming practices by way of creating and linking soil fertility maps with macro-micro nutrient management, appropriate land use based on land capability, judicious application of fertilizers and minimizing the soil erosion/degradation. Selected clusters will have soil analysis/Soil Health Card as mandatory and atleast 25% of the farming system area will have to be covered under On Farm Water Management.
- Soil Health Card Scheme: Soil Health Card is a scheme launched by the Government of India in February 2015. Under the scheme, the Government plans to issue soil cards to farmers which will carry crop-wise recommendations of nutrients and fertilizers required for the individual farms to help farmers to improve productivity through judicious use of inputs.
III. NATIONAL MISSION ON OIL SEEDS AND OIL PALM (NMOOP): National Mission on Oil seeds and Oil Palm (NMOOP) envisage increase in production of vegetable oils sourced from oil seeds,
Palm and TBOs from 7.06 Million tones to 9.51 million tones. MM II on Oil Palm aims to bring additional 1.25 lakh hectare area under Oil Palm cultivation through area expansion approach in
the state including utilization of wastelands with increase in productivity of fresh fruit bunches (FFBs) from 4927 kg per ha to 15000 kg per Ha. Area covered under Oil Palm since implementation of the scheme are as follows :-
|SI No.||Year||Area Covered(Ha)|
IV. RASHTRIYA KRISHI VIKASH YOJANA (RKVY):
|1||Creation of WRC in Plain||i. Golasury||2 Ha||3,00,000||To expand the farming land for more paddy production|
|ii. Ugalsury||1 Ha||15,000|
|iii. Sumsilui||1 Ha||15,000|
|2||Improvement of existing PAC by Stone/Boulder Soling||Chawnhu (Chawnhu to Pialthleng Link Road)||1 km||13,61,000||For easy transportation of farm inputs and outputs|
|3||Assistance of Plant Protection Chemicals||40 villages||120||60,000||To combat Fall Army Worm|
|4||Assistance of Plant Protection Chemicals (Weedicides)||All Agricultural circles||100||50,000||To decrease labour cost for weeding|
V. PRADHAN MANTRI KRISHI SINCHAYEE YOJANA (PMKSY):
Allocation of Fund : Rs 1,01,00,000.00
Project covered area (Ha) = Approximately 170 Ha Scope of the project: Creation of water resources on farm and make available for crop through construction of Secondary storage structure, Water Harvesting Structure and renovation of small tanks. Benefitted people: Selection of beneficiary is made from farmers who cultivate field crops and horticulture crops and those who have good water sources. The scheme is implemented in a cluster approach to possible extend. Additional Support need for project: Land development for WRC as well as hill terraces in areas where perennial source of water is available and extension of existing developed areas.
VI. NEW ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME (NEDP):
Allocation of fund : Rs 8,60,000/-
Project covered area: 30 Ha
Scope of the project: Enhancement of farmer’s income through systematic cultivation and marketing of maize by organising farmer’s interest group and farmer’s producer organisation in some selected villages.
Benefitted people: Beneficiaries are selected from potential maize growers under Sangau and Ngengpuikai village.
VII. SUB-MISSION ON AGRICULTURAL MECHANIZATION (SMAM) :
The mission objectives of the scheme are as follows:
- Increasing the reach of farm mechanization to small and marginal farmers and to the regions where availability of farm power is low.
- Promoting ‘Custom Hiring Centers’ to offset the adverse economies of scale arising due to small landholding and high cost of individual ownership.
- Creating hubs for hi-tech & high value farm equipment.
- Creating awareness among stakeholders through demonstration and capacity building activities.
- Ensuring performance testing and certification at designated testing centers located all over the country.