Land Resources, Soil & Water Conservation
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT:
The Soil & Water Conservation Department, Chhimtuipui Division was established in 1980.
It Covers 2 Districts : Lawngtlai & Saiha
There are three (3) Ranges under the Lawngtlai District Office :
- Lawngtlai range
- Diltlang Range
- Chawngte Range
OVERVIEW OF OFFICE AND MANPOWER:
List of staffs under Land Resources, Soil & Water Conservation Department, Lawngtlai District, Lawngtlai:-
- District Officer : 1 No.
- Head Assistant : 1 No.
- UDC : 2 Nos.
- LDC : 1 No.
- ASCE : 1 No.
- SCR : 1 No.
- Dy. Ranger : 2 Nos.
- SCD : 5 Nos.
- SCFW : 6 Nos.
- Peon : 2 Nos.
ON-GOING PROJECTS (2018-2019):
- IWMP(PMKSY-WDC) Lawngtlai Project – VII
- Started in 2011-2012
- Total Fund allotted – Rs 550.35 lakhs
- Total Cover Area – 3669 hactare
- Cover Village – Sabualtlang, Kakkichhuah, Hmawngbuchhuah, Hmawngbu.
- Started in 2019 – 2020
- Total Fund allotted – Rs 34 Lakhs
- Cover area – Tuiphalzau
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
- Improvement and Restoration of soil quality and raising productivity rates.
- Supply and securing of clean and sufficient drinking water for the population.
- Improvement of infrastructure for storage and agricultural marketing.
- Manage the area for beneficial developmental activities eg. irrigation, crop production, veterinary farming etc.
- To minimize risk of soil erosion,floods,run off etc ; check dam, SBEC etc..
- Handing over of Knowledge,technology so as to uplift the socio-Economic status of the people.